The Gathering

The Gathering (2008)
This purposely looks unfinished and child-like. I copied the idea off of one of my favorite plates. One that I often pull out of the hutch during the wintry wood stove season. It has that old European flare to it, that I am so much addictive. I have two plates actually, they are square shaped and have an English label on the back. The background appears as old wallpaper and the deer date back to something out of an ancient Children's literature book. The kind you find in old antique stores hanging together by threads and smelling of old wood. The greenery is faded and without detail as if it is unimportant. More so is the suggestion of conversation. The voice of the gecco in the Geico commercial comes to mind.."Hey you, how you've been? Long winter it was. "

1 comment:

Joy Choquette said...

I love it! Love the wallpaper effect for the background-I'm happy to see so much of your work online now-though it truly does look even better in person (hard to imagine!). Keep creating!