Valentine

If Only In Memory


My Love, we stroll down an unchartered path
in the tided sands
Passing a thousand times, unseen footprints
Time, our most cherished and untrusting friend
We ask of it, an eternity
A lifetime, can it only grant us
In this briefness of when we consider the hour kind
How do we selfishly grasp it?
If only in our heart's precious retrieval
We acquire the safe haven of a memory
For in my every collection, I am in awe of your presence
There is but a creation of chance for our two souls
The winds stay not restrained forever
For as it is designed, time will allow it to whisper
it's breath over our path
Grasp tight to my hand
The changing tides of the seasons are soon among us
A lifetime is all we are granted
I pray with each breath I have, shall it be consumed
by your soul and clench tight to your memory
May our cherished memories multiply like the clover
until they are known as legend
Then it will be said that my time was well spent
no matter the hours
And when the master looks upon his creation
He can smile at this one love
for an eternity
even, if only in memory.
~S. Q.

2 comments:

ChicChick said...

Gorgeous~fabulous~lovely! You are soooooo creative! Did you do the drawing as well? It's absolutely beautiful, and I'm not exaggerating. I wish I could draw like that! Wonderful Valentine...

ChicChick said...

Love, love, love that drawing...have I already mentioned that? :)